Our approach prioritises an integrative, trans-disciplinary focus that considers the entire ecosystem in its complexity, including all members of society. We also recognise the necessity for nature-based approaches to be inevitably individual and context specific. For this reason, each Pilot City is directly informed by the unique and respective needs of the local society, the specific contextual evolution and the strategic municipal policies.
VARCITIES actions aim to deliver a multitude of interventions, methods and innovative practices based on an extendable platform, measurement framework, and methodology, supported by customisable and extendable plugin solutions. Our nature-based solutions interventions aim at becoming an underlying customisable fabric of an entire ecosystem of fully connected intelligent sensors and devices, capable of delivering several co-benefits, transforming the daily lives of European citizens.
We expect to reach the following impact:
- High quality and multifunctional public spaces, converted into safe, inclusive and accessible places to ensure citizens’ Health and well-being.
- Co-design and participatory planning and governance in Pilot Cities and follower cities with digital, social and cultural dimension.
- Network with the Healthy Cities Helix and Ambassadors for gender dimensions.
- Innovative monitoring and KPIs.
- Our SMEs will support the “capitalisation of over 30 years of investment in transnational EU research and innovation on sustainable urban development”.
- New business opportunities!